Menu
LucyP-O
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Installation Fiasco

Hi

Applied for a new fibre broadband service nearly three weeks ago and was given an installation date of Sat 16th Jan - all good so far.

As I live in rented accommodation in a block of flats the management company had questions concerning the external work that would be done even though there are already residents who have had VM connected. So I called the customer service number - having been on hold / redirected / cut off, nearly 3 hours later the operator said she had arranged an engineer visit for the following day - hooray! - between 8am-6pm 🙁

Tuesday 12 Jan - waited in all day - no engineer ☹️

Wednesday 13 Jan - logged into MyVM to note that appointment had been changed to Weds with no other call/contact. By suggesting I would leave I then managed to get through to a UK based call centre. This time operator was very helpful - he spoke to subcontractor directly re exterior work and assured me that the work would be done to management company's requirements prior to the installation day and no-one needed to be home - he even sent an email to that effect 🙂. Also received an email from Wayleave asking for full address so that they could advise re cable routes. Later that evening received a text indicating that the external work had been completed !

Thursday 14 Jan - received email from Wayleave confirming that the only work that needed completing was the pinning of the cable to the side of the building and internal drilling in the flat.

Saturday 16 Jan - Installation day! - engineer arrived as scheduled only to discover that the connection point was in the wrong place - he would have to run a cable across a UPVC doorway or a concrete path/access ramp, across an external tile clad wall, plastic cladding before reaching the point at which all other cabling reached the building - and then up two storeys to access the flat ! Needless to say he didn't ! 😬  But he did contact the local field manager (?) to explain the situation.

Monday 18 Jan - no broadband, no installation date, no responses to my emails, no satisfaction and still having to travel to my parents' house to access broadband to be able to 'work from home'.

Suggestions / help ?????

Lucy.  😠

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation Fiasco

Hello  LucyP-O

So sorry to hear about this 

Without checking the account from here sounds like the external work has been carried out before the route was planned 

Then the Wayleave was not authorised in time to complete the installation 

Have you been in touch since t get an update as this post was from Monday 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
LucyP-O
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your response.

Yes - several emails including photos - but not really any satisfactory response from Wayleave beyond "My colleague has written to the area manager asking when the issue can be resolved"!

Resorted to spending another hour on hold to 0345 .... and re-scheduling another installation date. After haggling this is now 1st Feb so hoping all will be sorted by then.

Lucy

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update LucyP-O

Can you please keep us updated if anything changes

Gareth_L

0 Kudos