Menu
Slashy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Installation - Broken Cable Outside

Hi all,

I hope you're all well 🙂

I'm having a bit of a nightmare this week, I recently moved into a new property (well, new to me anyway haha) - I had the self install kit delivered in advance for my moving in date which was handled really well and arrived perfectly in time.

I connected everything up but wasn't able to access any services (Broadband & TV Box), I did the activation and waited a day but still wasn't able to get online - I've since spoken to a lovely lady over at VM who kindly sent an engineer out to make sure I wasn't being a complete newb. The chap has been and gone and mentioned that the cables had been cut outside the property which is why I'm not able to access any services.

Obviously this is a nightmare - under the current circumstances, I need to be able to get online to be able to work from home, and more importantly, I've realised just how reliant I am on the internet to keep me from going insane by myself lol!

Unfortunately, I can't get anyone to have a look at the problem before next Friday (12th Feb) which means I'll likely have to take some unpaid leave from work as I'm not able to work.

Without sounding entitled, is there any way I can escalate this any further to get an earlier visit to help get me online so I'm not dipping too far into my leave at work?

Thanks all, I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation - Broken Cable Outside

There is no way of escalating appointments, especially cable repulls. These require two-man contract teams. Due to current COVID restrictions these are thin on the ground at the moment, & repairs for existing & vulnerable customers are being prioritised for obvious reasons.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Slashy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation - Broken Cable Outside

Thank you!

I had thought as much, I appreciate the current COVID restrictions have had an adverse effect on lead times for a lot of things - but I'll hold tight until next week and fingers crossed it gets resolved 🙂

Thanks again! This community seems so helpful.

0 Kudos