Menu
Badbob82
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Install on hold

Hi, I signed up to Virgin a few weeks back to move from BT with an install date of 02/10. 

I got a text message telling me on Monday that my install has been put on hold. I called up to be told that this was true and there was no resolution date available. The staff were very apologetic but just keep telling me they’ll add a note to my account and trying to fob me off.

Twice I have been put through to the Pre Install Team and twice they have cut me off after 45 mins on hold. One CS operator suggested I email them and provided me with an address that bounced straight back saying “this address is no longer monitored, call us on 0345......etc”. 

Im an Engineer myself, so I understand that problems can be encountered. However, my problem is that Virgin told BT to end my service on 02/10 and now won’t commence service until an unknown date. So, come Friday afternoon I’m cut off from the world. Both my wife and I work based from home at the moment (she full time at home and me doing paperwork before heading to site), and she especially relies on the Broadband. We can get by on mobile data for a short period, but not an indefinite period. 

BT say it’s too late to stop the shut off of my service as it involves a number port and it will take up to 5 business days to resume service and it will come with a different number (not bothered about that, as no one calls the landline anyway).

If one more person tells me that “they’ll add a note to my account”, I might very well be telling Virgin where to go. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install on hold

When they are not specific it usually means third party companies are on hold, this could mean that there's a blockage in a duct, in which case the council may need to be involved, so the delay could be anything from a few days to 8 weeks. 

Badbob82
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a potential nightmare. This is a new build estate and the ducting runs under unadopted roads and pathways. 

This isn’t the first time I’ve had bother with VM as when we first moved in they tried to sell us service then decided that the cabinet wasn’t actually connected to their network. So I ended up with BT and have been fairly happy, just the never ending price rises that have pushed me away. 

Im thinking of walking away and going to an Openreach carried provider, as this has not been a very good start to a customer relationship. VMs total lack of interest and being passed from pillar to post is not filling me with confidence for any potential future problems.

We’ve now spent a combined 3hrs on hold, and maybe 30 minutes talking to an actual person (8 different operators in fact). 

Come back BT, all is forgiven. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Normally bt reduce their prices as soon as you mention cancellation. They offered me upto 76mb for £23 per month. If I knew what I know now I would have taken them up on it! 

0 Kudos