Menu
KaraokeStu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Install - Two Orders?

Hi,

I placed an order for VM with 200Mb broadband, Drama Pack, and landline (on an "Ooomph" package).

I ordered the install and picked the 16th January 2021 as my install date.

I then was told VM needed to do some external work, so that was scheduled for the 13th, however we delayed this until the 15th due to us not having completed on the new house.

Now, the 15th up here in West Yorkshire was a freak snow storm and we had a few days of awful weather, so the install was pushed back (I wouldn't expect them to come out with snow/ice etc).

However, I have two orders showing in my account, one of which I assume is the external works - it shows as internet only. The second order shows all three services, which I assume is the engineer visit.

The issue is the "main" order got moved to the 4th February (without asking us) and the other order changes every day to be scheduled for that day, but nobody ever turns up.

I've been on the phone over the last two weeks for hours and hours, and asked for reasons for the delays / no-shows, but to no avail.

Unfortunately, we have an "Exchange Only" line with BT, so are limited to a standard ADSL with 13mbps download and 0.7mbps upload - this won't cut it with me working from home, my wife studying her masters, my daughter home-schooling, and my son wanting to watch TV.

I'll try calling again today, but is there anyone here that can escalate - or at least find out if they're needing to speak to Wakefield Council?

I find it strange, as two doors up from us have Virgin installed and are very happy with it - I think next door might have it too?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
KaraokeStu
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install - Two Orders?

A quick update:

• I got through on the "Pre-Install Team" number and was connected to general customer service
  • I was put through to the "Pre-Install Team"
  • I waited almost an hour to be told that there was nothing they could do and was suggested to email the Constructions team
  • The email address I was given was incorrect and bounced back
  • I think I've found the correct email address and emailed that (without bounce back - fingers crossed!)
  • I've decided that if Kier are due to do the cable pull / external work, I should contact them to see if they have the work scheduled

I'll keep everyone updated!

0 Kudos
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install - Two Orders?

Did you get any update to this? We've order ultimate oomph package and have two orders on our account too the install date and a just broadband order with a roaming daily change. Looked on this forum and appears it's to do with work that may or may not need to be done. The fact it keeps changing is a concern especially with install date next week..... Hope you got an email back might ask you for that address to check for me too! 

0 Kudos