Menu
Dalagr28
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Install - Now can’t track

Hi

I ordered Virgin Media after receiving a leaflet through the door. I can see my neighbours have virgin and there are boxes on the outside of the walls for a house directly opposite and then my neighbour 2 houses down, yet i don’t have one or a tee, so i was expecting issues.

Install was due ton 23/12, I received a text saying pre install work was required, fully expected this.

2 engineers turned up yesterday, 13/12 had a look and painted where the tee point should go on the pavement and an arrow, so I assumed this meant they needed to arrange for construction work or whatever.

Now today, with no emails or communication my order is no long showing as trackable on the virgin website, just seems to be non-existent other that showing that i have broadband.

My question is, does this mean my order is cancelled and Virgin are not going to install the required cabling or does this mean that the construction work is required and they will do it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
peterluckyuk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install - Now can’t track

Judging from my experience and what I have seen from other members on this forum you might or might not get anything installed. There is absolutely no communication from the "construction" team and they are not directly accountable to Virgin. I am currently at over 1 month of waiting for a cable to be installed and my third engineer is due today although there is still no cable. All I can say is good luck getting a connection this year.

0 Kudos
Dalagr28
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did think as much, I highly doubt it will be this year even if i ever do.

Are you still able to track your order? Does it show the purple track your order in the account page?

0 Kudos
peterluckyuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can still "track" it but it just moves to the next day every day. I've spent literal days on the phone to them and they can offer no advice other than wait. I'm cancelling my contract tonight as they cannot honour it. It's not acceptable now that people are expected to work from home. 

Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If your installation date is the 23rd, then the date rolling over is completely normal as it could take until that date to install the ground services. 

If your installation date changes to NaN/NaN/NaN then you have a problem and it could take 6+ weeks to sort out (but also it may be fixed in 2 days...) 

0 Kudos