Menu
Gaz82
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Install - Cable Route

I'm hoping someone here can help, I don't mean any dis-respect to the call centre team but they are struggling to understand my concern.

I have a new install booked for December 28th but I'm concerned about the cable route that the installer will need to take to get to our bedroom for the second TV box. We have a conservatory at the back of our house so the installer will not be able to get above it to drill in.

The only route that they will be able to take to get to our bedroom is to go up the front of the house from the omnibox, into the loft, across and then down through the ceiling into the bedroom.

It is also my understanding that installers are not allowed to run cables above the 1st floor or through lofts due to health and safety which I totally respect.

Due to this, I'm worried that the install will not be able to take place.

The only solution I can think of to get around this is for me to run the cable myself beforehand. I can leave the cable loose at each end for the installer to connect on the day.

All I need is to arrange for a local installer to drop off around 20-25m of coax cable when they're passing a few days in advance so that I can do this. Or alternatively if I can find out the exact type of coax cable used I can order some elsewhere.

Can anyone help or offer any other advice?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Install - Cable Route

you can't get the coax.
they might be able to run it though the inside around the edge of the rooms
0 Kudos
Gaz82
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Through the house isn't going to work.

What if I was to run draw cables instead, would that work?

Are there any installers on this forum that can offer any other advice?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

maybe but if you want to pull it to the roof and though it wouldn't be tacked up so not sure if the install would leave it hanging.
0 Kudos
Gaz82
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, fingers crossed I get an installer that's willing to be flexible!

I'm not worried about the cable being tacked to the wall during the install, it will run behind a down pipe anyway and I can get some cable clips to do this myself afterwards.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Assuming you'll only be using one box at a time you could just have one downstairs and run a master slave combination which you can install yourself via hdmi. 

0 Kudos