Menu
Pantera
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Hub?

Hi,

Is there a way i can get a new hub as mine works intermittently and the wifi keeps dropping.

It is an old hub, Superhub 1

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub?

Are you sure it's the hub ?

Saying that, if you have the 1 then I'm pretty sure they'll want to get you on the 3, so give them a ring in the morning, preferably at about 8am. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme first - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then it usually means you are on an old package that the computer can’t recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call. You could try again on another day/time – different agent may have more knowledge.

If all that "fails" - then come back here for more advice

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Pantera
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That link worked a treat, thank you very much

Have a good Christmas.

0 Kudos