cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 - TV and BB OK but no phone line - continual green light flashing

tonyb22
Tuning in

I'm a new customer. New pack arrived and I did just what instructions said. Techs came out as outside cables had been cut. They sorted that and after hours of installing and checking everything, I now have WIFI, very good TV and Broadband is OK (not perfect) but works on PC and mobile. Also Hive connected well too.

However, no phone line, no ringtone at all and GREEN LIGHT flashes on bottom corner of Hub 5 slowly. I have rebooted and reset many times. I've read this may be due to the Hub updating its software and maybe it's stuck. The landline is least important of the package as I have mobile and WIFI seems OK, tele is perfect. Any advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think I have read that the landline is not immediately activated. You could call customer services or wait 2 or 3 days for a VM staff member to get to your post. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

tonyb22
Tuning in

Update. Still no telephone line. No dial tone. However, after doing reset by pressing in the button underneath the bottom of the hub until it restarted, it went from flashing green, then to white, flashing white, briefly flashing blue, then solid white. WiFi is fine now, TV as well. Just no landline yet. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think I have read that the landline is not immediately activated. You could call customer services or wait 2 or 3 days for a VM staff member to get to your post. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi tonyb22

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the install delay, from a system check you've got a construction issue. I'll send you a PM now to raise the case to the installs team for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks so much  John. What is a construction issue? 

It's been 2 weeks since I signed up and it's taken a lot of my time up trying to find help, waiting on mobile phone, staying at home in for 2 days as well and I lost some income as I am self-employed. I'm very grateful for your response and reassured now. Looking forward to advice.

Many thanks

Anthony Breen

[MOD EDIT: Address removed]

Hi tonyb22

Thanks for joining me on PM, just to update the thread, the complaint case has been raised and passed to the install / construction team. They'll be in contact within 5 working days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @tonyb22

Is the landline working currently? If not, can you confirm it's plugged into the telephone port of the router?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

No land line. No dial tone. Phone is plugged into router phone socket. WiFi/ Broadband isn't perfect but does work. 

Hi. Update. I tried a new phone cable and used the small adaptor to plug into the router and land line now works. 

At last. This had been a bit of a pain to say the least,  but at last everything seems fine. 

Hi  I've just received a bill for £130 despite having a total loss if service, ie no service whatsoever from my initial installation date of 4 October. I started getting a partial service from 15 October then finally everything worked from 20th October. Can you advise me who to speak to about this as itsbeen a nightmare and I'm very unhappy about this bill  thanks Tony