Menu
Domthorn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3 router, solid yellow light and not working

I got my new Hub 3 router today and I am stuck with a solid yellow light and no working connection. I’ve called to activate and after being told everything is activated, it still will not work. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps on the website still to not avail. 

Is there anything else I can do? 

0 Kudos
nsd
Just joined
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 router, solid yellow light and not working

Hey there, i cant offer a solution, but i'm in the same situation. Its weird that the light is yellow as it isn't stated as an error code online or in the manual. Have you tried the rest button (press with a pen tip) behind the hub?

I tried all these. Hopefully activations will come through inn a few hours. but for now im staring at a yellow light...
0 Kudos
Thundercrack500
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That makes 3 of us then😔 new customer here👋 it's definitely a VM problem I've taken all steps to rectify like you guys but still solid yellow. Maybe I should have gone with sky after all 🤦

When in settings are you guys getting "access denied" on the broadband  via the tool?

0 Kudos
SauceBoss
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I presume this is related to the issue I have. 

Replacement router installed today. The installer let our a large groan and said "Mac Hit" is down. There's a problem registering MAC addresses. 

He then turned his phone round to show me a notice saying basically the same thing. 

He assured me it would register but light take a few hours. 

He then grumbled about how bad the rest of his day would be leaving people without internet or TV. (Boo-boo)

I have called virgin 3 times and the last thing I was told is that issue would be resolved within 3 working days. 

The guy said there is nothing I can do. The error is on virgins side.

0 Kudos
Thundercrack500
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dude that sounds about right.

I noted the Vm website was down this morning also. Still quite a poor showing from VM if that's not communicated through the company and passed on to dipsticks like me who have spent the last 7 hours trying to fix it

0 Kudos
SauceBoss
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The day VM send out a communication saying "all new customers should note that we cannot activate your new services" will be the day hell freezes over.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI Domthorn, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have a yellow light on the hub, can you do a reboot the hub and if this doesn't change anything do a pin hole reset. Please let us know how it goes. ^Chris

0 Kudos
Domthorn
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As I said, I have done all troubleshooting methods and it’s still not working. It’s coming up on nine hours now. 

0 Kudos
Jenchesetnut
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same problem with me, and my forum post isn't getting picked up by the virgin team. Please help!!

Done all the resets and reboots and being taken round and round in circles by the virgin website. Can't even call and speak to a real person, because the bot cuts the call.

Virgin team, please help.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As has been said on this thread and multiple others they are having a few activation issues at the moment, new kit is unable to get activated and will be delayed until the fault is fixed

0 Kudos