cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Home New Customer

Oberto
Joining in

I will be moving to a new home in the next week or so and having shopped around a bit I've decided to go with Virgin internet. When I go through the process of arranging this the website says I'm eligible for self set-up, which I'm assuming means all the cabling already exists at the property and I just need to plug-in and go (with a little bit of tech set-up of course). If someone could confirm this is the case that would be great.

My main concern is getting the equipment delivered. I don't move into the property for a week or so, as I've said, but I ideally need to be up and running from day one. Is it possible to get the equipment delivered to a different address to ensure I have it ready for when I need it?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eligibility for QuickStart tends to just mean there has previously been service at your property. VM won't have checked your home for cabling & connections being in the right place, just that their database shows the connections "should" be there. Well worthwhile checking yourself first, to avoid delays further down the line.

I'm unsure on the delivery query, but wouldn't be at all surprised if there are reasons for the delivery going to the install address. Would there be someone there to accept the delivery of the equipment before you're able to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sounds like I'll need to reach out to the Estate Agent's and see if they can get the info for me, it's been like getting blood from a stone though!

Unfortunately not, no. The property is completely empty until I pick up the keys and move myself in, so no option of someone else taking the delivery.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @Oberto 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 08000521734.

I'm not sure if they can change delivery to a works or different address but it's worth asking.

Failing that you will need to contact Yodel when you have a tracking number and see if they can change it.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Oberto, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

It's great to hear you will be joining us 🙂 

If our system shows the property as previously serviced, we should be able to send you the equipment but sadly we cannot guarantee that a previous occupant has not removed the cabling/set up. 

With this being the case, please do proceed with contacting the estate agent to see if they have this information available. We can then work with you to find a suitable delivery/install date.

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked with the Estate Agent and they've confirmed that the property is set up with Virgin cabling, so good to go on that front.

Is it possible to press forward with the order and get the equipment delivered to a different address?

Hey Oberto, thank you for reaching out and letting us know that.

If you would like to give our sales team a call on 0800 183 1234 they will be able to get this ordered for you. 

They are open until 9PM tonight. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?