cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HUB5 and Port Switch problem

Frantic_Franc
Tuning in

Since having a HUB 5 modem fitted last week I can not get anything to work from my TP-Link 16 port gigabit Ethernet switch (10/100/1000 Mbps).

Is there a fix for this in the modem configuration to get this up and running again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Make sure you have power cycled the 16 port switch since the arrival of the Hub 5 along with all the kit connected to it.  This is to rebuild the switch's map of the network and to ensure all attached kit uses a DHCP IP from the Hub 5.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Just get a router and use hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

putting the Hub in modem mode it says will disable the WIFI. The reason for going to the Hub5 was to sort out the poor WIFI from the older Hub which it has.

a new router would replace that, but connecting to it normally in any port should still work.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Client62
Legend

Make sure you have power cycled the 16 port switch since the arrival of the Hub 5 along with all the kit connected to it.  This is to rebuild the switch's map of the network and to ensure all attached kit uses a DHCP IP from the Hub 5.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also make sure your switch is not managed, as a managed switch will have an IP address and will require to be reconfigured for the new Hub 5.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did power off and on the port switch but I think one of the TVs has started working so maybe you're right, I'll power off each individual device tomorrow and find out for sure

yes looks like after unplugging all the devices connected to the port switch and then repowering them has resolved the issue

Hi Frantic_Franc,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear unplugging your port switch has resolved your issue, if you do have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

unplugging and restarting the hub did nor resolve the problem, unplugging and repowering all the devices connected to it did the trick