Menu
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

Left VM back in 2016 due to poor services/support....now persuaded that things had changed and got better and to re-join again.

1st problem - miss-sold my deal versus what was agreed and what has been delivered for self install (Hub 3 instead of Hub 4 as part of free upgrade)

2nd problem - VM (pre-install team tried to resolve - had to upgrade my speed package from 200mb to 350mb and pay a contribution to now get a Hub 4 as what was originally miss-sold and agreed to)

Hub 4 supposed to have been delivered yesterday by Yodel - and we have nothing, no messages, no tracking from Yodel....then 3hrs on calls to 5 different VM people today - all promising to resolve - and call back.....now 8hrs later still nothing - no call backs - no updates - and NO HUB 4 !!

Still unable to use VM services that we have contracted yet my contract is live and running....what a farce !! - we have rovers on Mars and can remotely control a drone there....yet here, we can't get and order correct or a delivery made....wow...shocking

Here's my final message to VM, get my account sorted in next 24hrs or we cancel in cooling off period (even before getting to try if the actual products have improved since 2016) - if not sorted, the equipment you've sent that I can't use (V6 boxes, Hub 3..etc) will be ready for you to collect from outside my property and in from the street. Likewise, if I also then get a 1st months bill - you will be countered by a small claims being issued in the county courts.

Clock is now ticking....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

I have asked VM to come her to comment - keep checking back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer - frustrated and about to cancel in cooling off period - shocking service TBH

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why would you expect a hub 4 on a 350mb line? A hub 3 is more appropriate unless you are in a heavily congested area where the extra channels could possibly help, but in that case I wouldn't be signing up to VM anyway and looking for another provider.

0 Kudos
WarHammer
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Supposed to be getting a Hub4  - as that was part of the "sales-offer" to get me to sign-up...."we'll upgrade you to our new Hub4 free of charge if you go-ahead with us today".....and that was only on their 200mb product.......subsequently turns out they couldn't "honour" that arrangement after the deal/contract was agreed.....and having not advised me of such, instead sent out a self install kit (including TV360 boxes) with a Hub3.

Naturally, expecting a Hub4 in the deal as agreed (oh and reclarifying with the sales agent many times his promises of "don't worry" you will get a Hub4 I promise"....it didn't happen and I was advised to cancel my order and then they would re-do my initial order with a Hub4 and upgrade my speed to the 350mb package for a "small fee"

Again this was agreed to - re-order then placed with the cast-iron assurance from the pre-install team that the Hub4 would arrive last Friday and that I couldn't temporarily use the received Hub3 in the meantime - now here we are on the Monday and no Hub4 or working Hub3 and no TV (all with a moaning family who want to watch the Euro footy on a telly properly and not from a phone). VM's site says Hub4 order placed and should be delivered/working last Friday - yet no tracking or delivery from Yodel couriers (seems stuck in some kind of a loop of order-miss management)

Oh and to your final point - I've no idea if I'm in a congested area - as I'm not able to test the broadband service (or TV) as I've no working Hub - hence my urgency to at least try the services of VM in my cooling off period to see if indeed the area is/isn't congested and then decide my options to stay or leave - as technically the Hub3 is "activated" but still internet access denied at VM's end

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it seems that sales will offer anything to get you to sign up, or to get you to extend your contract.

I was offered a Hub 4 "upgrade" if I agreed to another 18 month contract, which I turned down as the hub 3 seems like a more stable hub from current reports and it'll offer me no benefit whatsoever. Some (most?) people who did decide to take offer didn't actually receive the hub !

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi the hub 3 is a perfectly good hub. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos