cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer, Wall Socket Adapter Needed

Kratos2207
Joining in

Hello. 

I am a new customer and I've ordered Broadband 100M kit which includes Hub and 2 cables. I had no idea that i must have a VM wall socket in order to receive the signal so i am stuck. I have BT socket, but doesn't work soo.. i saw topic where VM Customer support said that they can send  Adapter to my house. Is this correct? Thank you! Please help! 

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kratos2207 wrote:

Hello. 

I am a new customer and I've ordered Broadband 100M kit which includes Hub and 2 cables. I had no idea that i must have a VM wall socket in order to receive the signal so i am stuck. I have BT socket, but doesn't work soo.. i saw topic where VM Customer support said that they can send  Adapter to my house. Is this correct? Thank you! Please help! 

No, you don’t need an adaptor. You need a VM coax point installed, which has to be carried out by a technician. You also may need a new coax cable pulled to the property. BT & VM are two separate networks. BT connects to telephone exchanges, VM connects via their own street infrastructure to their cable headends.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the quick answer. I'll be grateful if you tell me how to book appointment with technicians? I'm not english so i always have troubles with finding the right section in the website and app. Looks quite simple, but that makes it harder for me. Should i call? or can i use the app? Please suggest me something. Thank you 🙂 

you say you have ordered the router and cables which implies they have allowed a self install - for that to happen the system says there has been an install there in the past - its possible that cables have been removed - its also possible that they are there but not obvious - a recent user found the VM box behind a radiator so its worth looking again

if nothing is obvious

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kratos2207,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with installing your services. If we've allowed a self-install then our records indicate that the property has already had Virgin Media services in the past, and as such there should already be a Virgin Media socket in the property.

I can see the other members of the community who have posted here have suggested ways to help you locate this. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!