Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Customer, Stuck Manhole Cover - How to progress

Hi everyone - I've moved into a new first floor flat and have been trying to get a broadband connection since 20th March. 

The nearest connection point is right outside my front door - unfortunately, the manhole cover is wedged tight and needs to be removed. A maintenance team have been and tried to lift it (a couple of times), even with grinding equipment, but have not been able to. It is set into a pavement of block paving stones and it appears that they're concerned not to damage these.

The conclusion of the last engineer was that a new cover will need to be installed - I assume by digging the old one up and laying a new cover and surrounding block paving stones.

How can I progress this, as I'm not getting any updates on the order - I have no BT phone line, so there's no real alternative to Virgin - plus I'd like to get the 350M speed! Life in lockdown without internet or phone is becoming a little awkward at times (working at home for instance is understandable difficult using just mobile data)

Any help appreciated,

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Customer, Stuck Manhole Cover - How to progress

Hi.
Send me a pm with postcode, account number and area code if you know this and I will look into it for you.
To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer, Stuck Manhole Cover - How to progress

Sent you a PM Scott, 

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos