cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Self Install issue - Website is useless

Bluenose1878
Tuning in

I've just signed up for the Ultimate Volt Bundle and, having had Virgin Media before, and following VM doing their checks I am eligible for and have selected the Self Install.

I got a text from the mobile number +447860 064 711 offering me an early installation than they said they could do and a bill credit for doing so. I replied YES, obviously, only to receive a reply from the same number saying "apologies, we need to do some remedial work first so we will stick to your original date."

VM have guaranteed me that this ISN'T a scam, I am getting a bill credit and that they sent the equipment to YODEL four days ago. But, I haven't received a tracking number. I called them to treble check it wasn't a scam which they said it wasn't. The advisor then said she would see if she could get my equipment to me sooner (the date is just under a month away.)

VM then said I needed to go onto my Virgin account to reschedule the delivery. Can I get on it? Can I hell! I have to say that Virgin Media's website is easily the worst I've EVER used. You can't do what you want to do. You get error after error. And that Triage Bot chat thing? Useless. You go around in circles.

My current provider is ending my service in 10 days time. I work from home for the NHS so am reliant on the internet for my job.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bluenose1878 wrote:

My current provider is ending my service in 10 days time. I work from home for the NHS so am reliant on the internet for my job.

Considered advice on here when changing between VM & an Openreach-based ISP (which is most others) is to have a period of overlap.

It's far better to pay for 2 connections for a short time than try to "co-ordinate" the transfer and end up offline. If connectivity is vital for your circumstances, then even more so.

Ask your current provider to delay your disconnection until you are satisfied your VM connection is up and working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks