Menu
dickl
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Customer Install

I have had my cable run in from the street to an external box. Where the box is doesnt suit my home lounge tv set up. I want to run a coax cable to the position I want it and out to the external box. So when the engineer comes the cable is already run in for him ( I have solid wood flooring and dont want to lift it and dont want the ethernet running around my skirting boards).

Can you tell me what the spec of coax cable Virgin Media use so I can run 10mts of it ?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer Install

Hi there,

If you have your installation booked you could call the pre-installation team and arrange a site survey. The technician could then leave you some of our cable to self install prior to the installation date. Do you have a date booked?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
dickl
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thursday 12th August

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, if you give customer services a call and ask for the pre-installation team they should be able be able to organise a pre-site survey for you. Then when the technician comes for the survey she/he can leave you some cable. It wouldn’t be a good idea to buy your own in case you buy the wrong type.

hope this helps 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
dickl
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks do you have the install team contact number please

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Of course, here you are:

0800 052 1734

0 Kudos