My new broadband service was due to start on 22nd Dec, with the installation kit arriving on the same day and it did. The packaging of the kit was delivered in good order, with no signs of damage in transit.
On unboxing, I noticed some unusual rattling noise coming from within the hub itself. At this point, I stress that it was very fortunately that my curiosity and caution prevented me from plugging in the hub as per instructions provided, as it was obviously that something was loose within the hub enclosure, which was likely to be a fire risk if connected!
I contacted VM customer support immediately for advice and had request a replacement hub ASAP as I was by then without internet access.
First, I spoke to an agent who seemed empathic to my situation but was unfortunately unable to help, apparently due to a technical issue preventing her from ordering a replacement hub for me.
Subsequently, after a 55min call, I was transferred to a colleague who should be able to order a replacement hub.
After a further long wait for the call to be transfer, I was shocked and appalled to hear that a task as simple as ordering a replacement for a faulty (and clearly dangerous) equipment was deemed impossible!
Furthermore, instead of the helpful attitude received from the initial agent, I was confronted by another agent (Ali) who from the start showed a clear lack of willingness, effort or care to help with my issue, which I have no doubt caused an unnecessary delay in resolving the issue. I was told by the agent the issue would be escalated to some backend team and there it was not possible to order a replacement hub. As a result, My husband and I were unable to connect with families and friends virtually as we had no internet access!
Fast forward 7 days, no one from VM made an attempts to help! A complaint I raised was responded by robotic replied, worst of all, falsely claiming credit for an engineer visit organized by myself to rectified an unrelated issue (no internal Virgin socket stalled from previously installation).
No one from VM seemed to care the slightest....perhaps I should take the hint and ask for a cancellation (for non-delivery of service) now???