cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Can't set up broadband box

fromtheashes
Just joined

Hello. I'm a new customer and received my box today with my broadband stuff. First though, can I just say I'm not impressed so far with how hard Virgin make it to actually speak to someone. I've spent the past half an hour bouncing round webpages in circles just going to back to a 'help' page that doesn't help me but no option to actually get further help.

Anyway, the issue is that in this box is a cable called 'broadband splitter' that goes from the box, into the wall. I have thoroughly checked all the sockets where my Sky broadband is now, and I don't have anything that this would plug into? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to find where a previous occupant had their outlet installed. Are you in flats, or a standalone property?

If you are in a standalone property there should be a brown or grey box on the front wall with a double “shotgun barrel” type cable exiting the ground. Wires from this will either go straight through the wall or to other locations via the outside walls. Ignore any of these that go to phone sockets. Virgin uses their TV coaxial cable to distribute Broadband.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to find where a previous occupant had their outlet installed. Are you in flats, or a standalone property?

If you are in a standalone property there should be a brown or grey box on the front wall with a double “shotgun barrel” type cable exiting the ground. Wires from this will either go straight through the wall or to other locations via the outside walls. Ignore any of these that go to phone sockets. Virgin uses their TV coaxial cable to distribute Broadband.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you! I had no idea about any of this, I'm not even sure they had it here. I'll go see if I can spot one anywhere, thank you!