cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection

ms-shaikh
Joining in

Very disappointed as a new customer I was not informed about the Virgin media home socket. I received the kit and was excited only to find out now I have to wait for the installation engineer for another week. If I was asked about the wall socket in advance by the sales team this would have never happened and I would be ready for installation. So disappointed with Virgin Media

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ms-shaikh, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and also Virgin Media. I am sorry to hear you have to wait a week to get a tech out to install the socket.

I understand this is very frustrating and I am sorry about this.

We work really hard to ensure our information about all properties across the country is up to date, however in rare cases we can come up against issues during or shortly before installation that are unpredictable and outside of our control. 

We often find that when the last person had our services in your property they could have done work to it and took the socket out, we don't get any updated information until someone like your self moves in.

I can also see you have been speaking to our team about this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I understand that this issues are rare but all I’m asking is that while I’m on the phone to the sales team this should be a priority question to the new customer or specially when we are moving house that is to ask the customer to look for the Virgin Media Wall Socket while on the phone, than your sales team can decide whether to send and self starter kit or a starter kit with engineer specially in my case which was the need. If this was asked on the phone than I wouldn’t have to wait this long for connection. 

Sales dont care mate, they will tell you anything to get a sale and get their commision. Looks like they got you!

Hey mc-shaikh, thank you for reaching back out and I understand this is very frustrating. 

However I can see the team have been in contact with you resolve this. 

We do value and do agree with your feedback and I will certainty pass this onto to the relevant team.

Please do keep me updated on the whole situation. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?