cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connection Lead Times

m33ddy
Tuning in

Hi

Our street had a Virgin Media contractor install service points outside our houses 4 weeks ago. How long after this happens does it normally take till you can order broadband?

The postcode checker still shows as not available at our address and I have been unable to find an answer on the forums. We are desperate to move to fibre as our street is served by old copper cables that broadband constantly drops out.

Thanks in advance for your replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephen93
Up to speed

VM cables installed on our estate 3 months now, still no idea when it will be up & running, as you when I check our post code it says “We’re chuffed to hear you’d like Virgin Media you can’t get our services right now but we’ll keep you posted”  no one knows exactly

If you ring VM they have no idea all they do is check the post code, their stock answer is between 1 & 18 months, they don’t know where VM is being installed & have no contact with the contractors, totally ridiculous, I’ve had people on here who had their’s activated after a 1 month others 6, afraid it’s just a waiting game.

It’s not just a matter of switching it on, they have to put the electronics in the grey cabinets, then test the system, all takes time, but no one knows how long, it’s like customers services are just sat in front of a computer checking post codes on the VM website & that’s all they can do, no one within the company talk to each other.

when they eventually connect it you’ll get a card through the letter box or a VM rep knocking on your door to try & sell you the product 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen93
Up to speed

VM cables installed on our estate 3 months now, still no idea when it will be up & running, as you when I check our post code it says “We’re chuffed to hear you’d like Virgin Media you can’t get our services right now but we’ll keep you posted”  no one knows exactly

If you ring VM they have no idea all they do is check the post code, their stock answer is between 1 & 18 months, they don’t know where VM is being installed & have no contact with the contractors, totally ridiculous, I’ve had people on here who had their’s activated after a 1 month others 6, afraid it’s just a waiting game.

It’s not just a matter of switching it on, they have to put the electronics in the grey cabinets, then test the system, all takes time, but no one knows how long, it’s like customers services are just sat in front of a computer checking post codes on the VM website & that’s all they can do, no one within the company talk to each other.

when they eventually connect it you’ll get a card through the letter box or a VM rep knocking on your door to try & sell you the product 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @m33ddy 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel