Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Built House On Exsisting Virgin Street

Hi All

Okay I am new here so please don't ask me to use the search feature as I would not know what I am searching for and the search suggestion does not give me what I want. Also I am not even sure if this is the right place for this question.

Okay I have wasted a few hours being passed around by a bunch of morons over the phone who really don't know whats going on. They dont even know how to chase up requests either. They keep giving me the sales number and yes even the managers or seniors.

The problem I have is I am moving into a new house and built on a street with exsisting virgin services. The house across the street has them and the cabinet is about 20 meters away from my house where I am going to live. For the last 6 months I have been filling out this form with no point of reference so when you call they dont know about it. Also I have even told one staff again and they filled out the same thing with no guarantees.

I have been told someone will call you many times no one ever does.

Now it would just be nice to hear some one say they will or will not do it with no estimated time because this never happens because thier customer services are really poor (that's being generous) unless they know for definite. However when the services are live and working its good.

Any input on this is welcome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Built House On Exsisting Virgin Street

Have sent you a PM

Regards

Rich

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home. Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Spoiler
I can now confirm my neighbour  also wants the services.

Also the 2 houses behind me which also fall on on another street want them. So it will be worth it. If Virginmedia is interested I can pass their contact details over and they can confirm it themselves.

The only issue is the utilities to the houses has not been connected so that will take about 2 months which is perfect time to go dig up the streets ect.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If they are new builds in progress then it is the builder that must foot part of the bill to get the VM infrastructure installed. VM will treat it as infill so it has to fall within a viable budget.

Cabinets can take a finite number of houses. If the additional ones are on a different street (& postcode) they would have to go on the part of the network build in that street, which would be a seperate infill project.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its fine i got a call thanks to our tech friend above from someone.

The problem here is that its a private new build and it just passes planning nothing else. The builders are not a big firm or anything.

Its as i say the services exist on the street so thats why I needed to call someone.

0 Kudos