cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build request

Deltasix
Joining in

Good Morning

I am moving into a new build address in the Bristol area next month. I checked the postcode on the signup page and found that it does exist, but services are not available. 

The housing developer has stated that FTTP will be setup with Virgin media as the source. Could this be verified for me as I would like to setup an account as soon as possible to allow work from home to continue when the move happens.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deltasix, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that Virgin Media isn't yet available to you at the new address. We wouldn't be able to give you any estimated completion dates but I am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you to confirm things. 

To do that I will need the full address. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is not always the case that VM services are available immediately on the completion of a new estate. The builder is responsible for the street hardware & the building internals, but the backend connections to VMs headend infrastructure can take a time to complete. Staff here MAY have more info, but more often than not it happens when it happens.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deltasix, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that Virgin Media isn't yet available to you at the new address. We wouldn't be able to give you any estimated completion dates but I am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you to confirm things. 

To do that I will need the full address. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deltasix, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have popped an email over to the relevant teams to try and find some information. 

Once I have a reply, I will come back and let you know 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Deltasix,

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited for the relevant teams to come back to me on this one. 

They have advised that as of yet, there are no plans in place to install your address I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your area 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team