cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build installation issue

AshleighE
Joining in

Virgin Media have delayed our installation twice now (no internet for 2 months). 

Does anyone have any experience with getting permission to dig outside the property on a new build estate? I’m being told by someone the permission is from the developer but the developer is saying to get permission off the council.

can’t get through to anyone via virgin media and when I do absolutely no help! 

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Where exactly does digging need to take place?

On a new build estate, the developer and VM typically collaborate to ensure all of the underground ducts and cabling are in place to the new homes when they are being built.

Is there some sort of problem with what was installed during construction (such as a blocked duct underground) which is preventing the installation of cables etc.?

Do you have any VM wall boxes attached to the outside wall of your home or VM connector faceplates inside?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AsheighE 

Welcome and thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry for the delays with the installation to your home. 

As goslow has advised, there could be a blocked duct which could be preventing the cables required being pulled up to your property. 

With issues such as this, it would be our construction team who would see permission from local authorities and not yourself. Unfortunately, this can take some time and is why we advise up to 6-8 weeks for the work to be completed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat