Menu
Nathan818
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Build Issues

Hello,

we recently had our engineer out to install fibre virgin within our new build home.

Within the house there are 3 fibre cables in the junction box in the livingroom.

1 from outside feeding the fibre to house, 1 runs around to the other wall on livingroom 

1 runs upstairs to bedroom.

During the engineer visit he tested the cables and couldnt get a signal at the other wall on the livingroom cable(which is inside the wall) therefore had to run a cable along the top of the skirting board.

Having spoken to builders they have suggested he may have tested the wrong cable which infact runs upstairs, to be fair the other cable was tucked up behind the wall which he may have missed. This would explain why he couldn't get a signal. 

I would like a engineer appointment to double check both cables are functioning, if cable is found to be indeed working we would like it setup using the cable within the depth of the internal walls.

It seems impossible to contact virgin to discuss this without posting here. 

We have already been charged for a setup appointment which was agreed would be free when taking out the contract.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build Issues

How long ago did this happen? 

If you service is already up and running, a second engineer visit for a non-fault case would be charged at the standard fee of £99. 

0 Kudos
Nathan818
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Few weeks ago.

I don't see why we should have to pay when the engineer potentially hasn't done the setup correctly. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan818,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that the set up wasn't done to your specifications. 

I've been able to find your account and have passed your details onto our area field managers to see if we can arrange a visit at some point this week.

I'll seek to update the thread when I get a response, and will seek to take to a PM conversation if required. If you can also update the thread if they come to you directly, that would be appreciated 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update for you @Nathan818

Seems like a very quick turn around for us - We will seek to attend your property between 1pm and 6pm tomorrow

If you can please ensure that either yourself, or someone else over the age of 18 is home, that would be most welcome.

If this visit isn't feasible, please drop a response below and I'll seek to rearrange this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos