Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Build - Diggers on Site

Hi!

Back in June I posted that Wingnut are currently in our area and are doing a LOT of work.

Over the last few weeks, I've seen them pretty much circle our housing development and someone here on the Forum REALLY kindly offered to see if there was anything we could do to ensure WE got Cable too.

A few private messages were sent (where I provided my address) and the last I heard was something like "It looks like you're down as getting done but let me look it to it". After a few weeks, I sent some more DMs but I've had no response - I appreciate staffing levels are probably all over the place at the mo!

Over the last few weeks, I've seen Wingnut get further and further away. I appreciate installations aren't Linear and I'm grateful for all the help - but is there anyone I can contact to see if there's any sort of timescale or - much more importantly - anything like Wayleave that might be holding things up? There's several hundred flats & houses less than 100m in a straight line along a footpath from a new Grey Box they've installed - many of us would love Virgin!

Thank you everyone in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Link to the Original Thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Nearby-Expansion-do-us-too/m-p/4305214#M1...

Again, I'm completely grateful for the help received so far - I'm just hoping for that final piece of Information.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Link to the Original Thread

when you say "new build" do you mean that your house/road is a new build estate?
if so, how new is it? have the roads been council adopted yet? if they haven't then it's unlikely virgin will touch them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Naah, it's over 10 years old and it's houses on Public Roads.

I used 'New Build' to refer to the New Build work being carried out by Wingnut. The guys in the digger showed me their map of planned area and whilst our development was 'pink' (looking like we were due to be done), they also told us their specific team hadn't been given instruction to do us. And now they're moving further away. 😞

I was thinking it might be wayleave, or whatever and a Virgin employee on here was kindly looking into it last month and whilst they told me they'd get back to me, I've not heard anything in weeks. But I appreciate a lot of the work on here is goodwill from from staff and I'm very greatful for any input other than the default "Not in our area" automated response.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

probably not wayleave as if it's a council road they would have permission to dig.
it's more likely they are certain issues that make it un-economical to do, underground blockages or something similar.

basically any decision will be a financial one and if they deem they won't make the investment back then they will just skip it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which is what I thought (I used to work for a Cable company back in the day) but the fact I've been told 'it looks like it will be installed but I'll need to check' by virgin twice now, had me hoping for a more human response that the usual 'Computer Says No' of the Postcode Checker. Hopefully the folks who were looking into it might have some news!

Thanks everyone!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ll drop you a private message and see if I can find anything out for you

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos