Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Build Connection

Hi there, 

We have moved into a New Build - Nascot Homes - WD180LD and the developer has created a new road called Grays Mews with 6 houses and 3 houses on the existing Hamilton Street.

The developer has added BT/Sky ducting into the homes but Openreach is having problems in the neighborhood and wont be able to fix till December. 

The 3 houses on the existing Hamilton Street have received Virgin Media connection - one is having it done as we speak! Somehow, VM cannot pull the cable through an alleyway or across the driveways to connect the other 6 houses. Not only that, the house next door to us (as seen in the picture) has VM connected (55 york road) and there is a CATV cable box right outside on the sidewalk. All that needs to be done, from my understanding is to pull the cable across. 

I have pictures attached to show this. It would be really appreciated if someone can actually look into this and get us connected. 6 homes are ready to give VM business. 

Thanks, 

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-27 at 10.27.19 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-27 at 10.27.25 AM.jpegScreenshot (8).png55 york road picture.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Build Connection

Hello

Normally New Builds will have an agreement with one supplied to install the ducting in the path for them, of the builders have no agreement on this part of the new build, then the problem you are going to have there is no VM ducting us already in place, VM cannot use BT ducting has to be their own. In you case I would have a word with the builders as in new builds they would have to install the ducting from the nearest green cabinet. You will  find other posts in the forum that builders tend to have an agreement with a supplier for a number of years until the roads are adopted by the council.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Let me take a look at this for you. I will send you a private message for some personal detail.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

Fortunately you are the end house which makes this a little less problematic in terms of wayleave. I am confident something can be done here to extend our current ducting that runs to the house on York Street. We will continue via private message and lets see if we can get you hooked up.

Thank you for your post.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos