Menu
AlanJCarter1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Broadband not working

We had Broadband Installed 8 days ago under a new Virgin Package including Phone and TV.  The nework connection is very unstable - Virgin sent out a technician to fix it who did not have the skills or equipment to fix it and left without telling us what happens next. We urgently need a fix as we are running a web business and a community Zoom hub from our house.  The response to an on line complaint says they need 2 days to review it and up to 28 days to fix it.  This a nightmare - we rely on working internet and the have turned our previous old but working BT connection into a disaster that does not work. HOW can we get this fixed. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Broadband not working

If you are running a web business - that implies you are using the VM Business package - is that so?

If so this is a forum just for residential package queries/help.

Note that you can cancel the contract within 14 days of activation with no cost/charge to yourself and move to another supplier (reactivate your BT contract/equipment?)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didn't think the 14 days cancellation cooling off policy applied to business contracts? As it was a consumer law?

Or am I mistaken?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Z92 wrote:

I didn't think the 14 days cancellation cooling off policy applied to business contracts? As it was a consumer law?

Or am I mistaken?

Mmm... not sure - but there must be some "get out of jail" process for if the install proves unsuitable and not fit for their purpose.  Perhaps the `OP will know if they are on a Business contract?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanJCarter1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the broadband issue you're having. 

I have been able to locate your account. We do wish to help investigate this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos