cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband, WiFi terrible, orange light and nobody will help me

NicolaP11
Joining in

New broadband connected on Friday as a new customer. Thought fibre would be the way to go. The Internet has been intermittent..I work from home so its been a tough week. I've contacted customer service numerous times spending 90 minutes on the phone with them today. I even tried to cancel as I'm within the 14 days. I was then told I should pay £8 per month for a booster which doesn't seem right.  I was also told the light on the hub should be white but its constantly orange. I've tried resetting it a number of times. I'm getting absolutely nowhere! Our WiFi download speed upstairs is between 2 and 4. I don't know what to do 

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

CS gets non better they are completely clueless - the few things they are good at is doing their level best to stop you leaving - lying and selling you something you do not need

so cancel in the 14 days if thats what you want - they will [again] try to stop you - a registered letter is the best option - be sure to go to ofcom and add to the list of those who have problem leaving

assuming its a hub3 the light on new ones should be white but there are no new ones afaik they are all re cycled and the light can be anything up to orange/coffee coloured

why would you need a pod at this stage and they are not £8 afaik they are mostly free depending on the package you are on

you need to book a tech and get things checked - ring in but turn the hub off or disconnect it so they cannot see its - if they can they say its working regardless of if its c r a p or not and usually say tough or words like that

other than that leave

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey NicolaP11,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection so soon after you have been installed, I can see that you have had a technician visit since you posted, has that improved your connection?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hiya, yes it has! Turns out we had been given the wrong hub for our type of property and everything is now so much better 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@NicolaP11 wrote:

Hiya, yes it has! Turns out we had been given the wrong hub for our type of property and everything is now so much better 

the wrong hub - thats a new one - creative rubbish from the tech i would suggest but if whatever he did or changed has sorted things then thats good - but the wrong hub - really!!!!

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Great to hear that this is all resolved for you @NicolaP11 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The technician who visited us basically said if we were in a new bulld with thin walls or an apartment the hub we would of been given would of been fine. To back ourselves better we also bought a booster from B&Q just in case. At least we have a hub now with a white light rather than orange which according to the techies I did speak to shouldn't be orange