Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Broadband Installation

I am considering switching from Sky Broadband to Virgin Broadband but keeping Sky TV. I know that a new fibre cable will need to be installed under my front garden and path to the house where it will terminate in a box at the front of the house. However my TV and lounge are at the back of the house and I do not want cables installed internally where they would need to run along skirting boards, across ceilings and over the tops of door frames. So will Virgin engineers be prepared to run the co-axial cable all the way around to the back of the house (approx 21 metres) and into the lounge as part of the standard installation?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Broadband Installation

Doesn’t sound a problem at all, as long as the house isn’t a terraced one and we can run around the outside then that should be fine.

welcome to the community

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, we can wrap the cable round your house externally, only thing is we cant go over roofs. If you Drop me a PM with your number I can get someone to discuss this with you on Monday and also arange a Pre-Install Visit.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had a similar problem years ago, TV in back of house, services in front. I ran trunking under the floor an the technician, it was Cable London then, put the cable in the trunking. The cable run is a quarter of the length under the floor instead on all around the outside of the house. As I’m the furthest customer from the street box the technician said it was a good job running it under the floor as around the outside would have probably caused too much of a signal loss. When I had broadband installed at a later date i also installed trunking so my hub is now under the stairs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tudor, reminds me of an install I had last month, customer layed a drawstring from Air vent at front of house and pulled it to rear air vent, could have kissed him haha

0 Kudos