Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New (2020) LG TV and Tivo connection problem

Hi Folks,

Just set up my new LG TV (2020 model) to my Tivo V6, (all seemingly correctly,) however, when both are switched on using the tivo remote, sound and vision wave/flash in and out and tv is unwatchable. If I then turn off the tv using the LV magic remote and then turn the tv on again with the LV magic remote all is ok. Can I sort this out so that I need only use the tivo remote to switch on both pieces of kit?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New (2020) LG TV and Tivo connection problem

I think the V6 remote will only control the TV Volume not the power.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you.
The V6 remote switched on my old LG tv with no probs. It actually switches the new tv on also, but there is interference with sound and vision, until I turn the tv (off and on again) using the LG magic remote. It's just strange.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From memory, a long time ago, I think one of the HDMI standards would allow a TV to switch on. Perhaps this is what is happening, but not too well. Someone else on the board may have more details of HDMI.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos