Menu
Kirel
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Network access blocked again

This is now the third time in three months. The modem will restart and I get access denied on the router home page.  I look at the hub info and it states access blocked. 

Each time say going to send engineer out but they cancel it as engineer can't fix it as it server side end and the engineer rings through to them and gets it sorted. 

But you ring customer service who are rude set up a appointment then cancel it then don't ring back. It went down Wednesday I spent 24 hours ringing and ringing got the most rude customer service people ever. And always made excuses. Took me 48 hours to get engineer booked. Then that following night internet comes back on. Engineer cancelled and wham as of 10pm tonight internet goes off same sodding problem. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network access blocked again

I can understand your frustration.  Their phone support - or rather the lack of it - is appalling. Just when you think it couldn't get worse, it does.

You could try posting some details of the problem here for a volunteer analysis,  but it does sound that you need a visit.  Perhaps a Virgin person will pick this up here and offer to arrange something. 

0 Kudos
Kirel
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply 

Have had three visits and always say the same it Thier end engineer makes a call it back on in two hours. It is driving me insane now. As you have to wait days for a visit and they don't even do anything 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will monitor your incoming connection to the Hub and gives you evidence of any loss of service.   Also post your power levels and network log for comment.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What are you doing when it drops out? What device are you using? Messages? WiFi or wired connection? 

0 Kudos
Kirel
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All connections. As wired to pc. And then TV and mobiles connected to it via WiFi 

It will then drop connection restart and then wham access blocked which according to last engineer is access blocked from service their end. Nothing to do with wires and connection my end. 

0 Kudos
Kirel
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply. I can't set that up to monitor as there is no ip address assigned by virgin as there is no connection as it is blocked by virgin them selfs. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is there no conection at all?  Does it not connect at any time?

0 Kudos
Kirel
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It will connect when not blocked 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

OK. When it is next not blocked, set up the BQM as requested above.

Post the live link on here, so that we can watch it, even when you are blocked.

0 Kudos