Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours Internet is connected to mine.

hello

i am having Connection issues and have been for over a year. Our internet will go down every couple of days and I will need to restart my hub. However, when our internet goes down our neighbours will go down exactly the same time and will not come back up until I have restarted my Hub. We have tested this many times. If I am out of the house and the internet goes down he will not have internet until I have got home and restarted my hub.

Virgin customer care have been terrible. They refuse to look at our connections and together as we are unable to book anyone to come out and look at our connections at the same time. They are rude and promise to get a manager to ring back but never do.Really frustrated. 

Is there anything I can do as the incompetence is exhausting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours Internet is connected to mine.

Had a similar issue, turns out one of the hubs was faulty and was causing the other hub connected to the same cable to fail to connect until it was powercycled, although we had 2 hubs on the same cable to the property, so this would only help if you do share a cable, although its not common practice to install this way

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbours Internet is connected to mine.

Hello Chrisgraham88

Sorry to hear this is happening

I have checked a few things and I can see we may have had an engineer visit this week 

If so what did the engineer advise?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos