Menu
woods13
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Neighbouring Terraced House Has VM

Hi, I'm buying a house which is a newer end-terrace house. All the houses on the street, including the one I directly share a wall with have VM access. But my address shows as unavailable. 

Is there anything I can do to get connected?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Neighbouring Terraced House Has VM

Hi

Let me take a look for you, I will send you a private message for the address and see what we can do.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
woods13
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The engineers visited on January 22 to install our connection. However, they realized our house wasn't connected to the fibre infrastructure (which we had already discussed) and said they would have to apply for planning permission to dig up a footpath.

We haven't heard anything back in the two weeks since, and no one can tell us if this wait for planning permission might take days, weeks, or months. I understand that the pandemic makes things more difficult, but the lack of communication is a bit worrying. We called earlier in the week and were told to expect a response in 24-48 hours, but that deadline has passed.

Is there any way to get an update on our pre-installation? 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Planning permission typically takes 6 - 8 weeks