cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbour cut cable to our house

fabrice_durier
Joining in

Hi there,

Looking for advice as the landlord next door decided to cut the fibre cable to our house because "it was hanging loose in front of his door"...

Wondering what kind of recourse I can have about this and if a technician can be sent urgently (next available appointment is in 5 days only)?

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers.Cables snapped at connectorCables snapped at connectorCables going into our houseCables going into our house

[MOD EDIT: Post moved from Blog page]

6 REPLIES 6

bemax
Tuning in

That is Criminal Damage, report it to the police.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @fabrice_durier, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear that the cable has been cut 😞
I will investigate this further for you and send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Where does the other cable in the first picture go?

If it goes into the landlord's property & he is still a customer, he should get the bill for repairing the lot.

All that was required was to ask VM to tidy the cables up in the first place, which would not have cost anything.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, same thing happened to me today - Neighbour cut off my cable around 23:30 last night. I dont have internet and I dont want to pay for something I am not using..

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Playing Devil's advocate here.  Where does the cable originate from? Is it on your neighbours property?

There are threads here where VM have run cables across neighbouring properties to get access to "next door", and the neighbours are not impressed.  It may be the case here ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Srdan,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any service issues, just so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain