cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing fibre cable moving street to driveway

Te197
Joining in

I have had fibre installed nearly a year ago. When connecting cable from street to drive I said that I would be having driveway block paved in next year. The engineer has not left enough cable for the driveway to be installed and I need the cable from street to box lengthening. Who do I contact? I can’t find details in website. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post. Explaining what needs doing will be difficult to the offshore staff. By aware that if they don’t do a “gel joiner” to lengthen the cable a re pull will be required. Re pulls can be fraught because sometimes the trunking is blocked somewhere en route, usually due to other utilities work. It can be done, but takes time. Also there would be a charge of £25.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Te197,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having cabling issues in regards to paving your driveway. I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see you recently contacted our team who were able to book an engineer appointment for you.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs