cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed: External cable entry cover on pavement!

JohnPurser
Tuning in

Needed: External cable entry cover on pavement!

The cable entry from pavement to my property is unprotected  - I need some sort of cover.
My neighbour's connection is on the left, mine on the right. My cable never had any cover from when it was installed.
Any thoughts?
cable_entry (Medium).JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your query here in 'Tech Chatter' may not get VM forum team attention. Someone might kindly move it for you to a better forum which the forum team do read.

Would imagine VM could/would/should send someone to fit a similar cover on the wall for you. Don't think the cable is in too much imminent danger though. It is pretty tough stuff.

The wall cover seems to be referred to online as an "elephant's foot" or "BT Connector Bend No.1". Past topics on the VM forums seem to refer to it as a "dolly".

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your query here in 'Tech Chatter' may not get VM forum team attention. Someone might kindly move it for you to a better forum which the forum team do read.

Would imagine VM could/would/should send someone to fit a similar cover on the wall for you. Don't think the cable is in too much imminent danger though. It is pretty tough stuff.

The wall cover seems to be referred to online as an "elephant's foot" or "BT Connector Bend No.1". Past topics on the VM forums seem to refer to it as a "dolly".

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Hi John, thank you for getting in touch to bring this to our attention. 

We will need to get some additional information with you so we can get this sorted for you! I will send you a PM to confirm a few details, and then we can return to the public thread with an update. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you!

Hi All, thank you to John for PMing with me. 

An appointment has been booked to get this sorted - hope it goes well!

Please do come back to us on this public thread if there is anything further you need following the appointment and we will do our best to help. 

All the best. 

Molly

All sorted now.

Thank you for your help with this.

Best regards

John