Menu
apodreiderlenzi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Need two hubs in the house is it possible?

Hello all,

I already have a full installation of services. Phone, bb and TV. At the moment the superhub lives next to my TV downstairs.

Because of a new work i need to connect via ethernet cable to the hub. WiFi is not an option or those plugs via electricity.

My home office is upstairs which makes it very difficult to have 50 mt of cable running  in the middle  of the house, so i was hoping there is a way to split the cable coming in the house and get 2 hubs one downstairs and one upstairs.

1) is it possible? 

2) if not any ideas?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need two hubs in the house is it possible?

Yes, but it means two accounts and two payments. Happy to help with it if that’s what you would like to do?

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The other option here is to pay for a relocation of the Superhub3 up into your office then use a set of Wi-Fi boosters for the downstairs of the house as long as the ring main is good for the boosters to work effectively.

Relocation of equipment carry's a £99 charge with us. 

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
apodreiderlenzi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM-john and christy

Thanks for your reply. No it is not what I wanted.

I already pay quite a lot for services and I have plenty of bandwidth with one account.

The other option would then be to move the superhub upstairs. That shouldn't be too complicated, but how would you then be able to use TV and tivo?

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can run the Tivo from a booster/power line 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
apodreiderlenzi
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok that would makes. How to i book the engineer to move the hub? Would you be able to help me out?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

you would be better spending the £99 on getting network cable installed from the hub to the upstairs
0 Kudos
apodreiderlenzi
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes that looks to be the most effective solution. ill do that as soon as i can talk to someone to book the engineer.

in this period is very difficult to talk to someone via the customer service chat or calling the number

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The simplest and most cost effective way is to run ethernet cable from your downstairs router through the wall to outside then up the brickwork and into your office. This will cost far less than £99 and gives you a far more stable connection than WiFi. You can even do it yourself so can be done whenever. It's not technical. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@apodreiderlenzi wrote:

yes that looks to be the most effective solution. ill do that as soon as i can talk to someone to book the engineer.

You don't need a engineer run Ethernet from downstairs to upstairs either inside the house or outside with the right cable.  

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos