Menu
jaskeenee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Need to move router to another floor

Hi everyone, I tried contacting customer support over the phone to book an engineer as I need to move my router from one floor to another (I tried using a Powerline but the performance of the network is greatly affected). After an hour of holding the call was hung up, same thing happened the second time around. I was told to ask for assistance on the forum by the Twitter Virgin media account, so here I am, asking if I could finally get some help with this issue:)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to move router to another floor

It's only fair to mention this appointment will cost you £99 and there may be a slight delay, as these non-essential visits had an all-out stop for several months which will take time to clear.

I'm not sure whether the staff here can arrange them, or if you will need to call in. Lurk around this post, and the staff team should pick it up after a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jaskeenee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I know of the fee but I was misinformed by the engineer (years ago at time of installation) about losing speed if I were to install the router further in the property and that a powerline would be a better solution. Which really hasn't been since I can't get more than 100 Mbps when I currently have the 300 Mbps package due to the wiring.. thanks for the answer and hopefully I can get an engineer booked!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @jaskeenee,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you haven't yet been able to book a technician visit.

Would you like me to arrange this for you now?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
jaskeenee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven! Yes, please, if you could just book an engineer that would be perfect!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @jaskeenee,

I can arrange this for you but we would need to confirm some details via a private message before we can do this.

I will send the message over in a moment and we can get this done for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming your details @jaskeenee.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos