Menu
jrich
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need to install virgin box at home?

Thought I could install virgin broadband  with a the quick start kit. But no connection at home.

Tired to call to arrange an engineer but not getting though. Is there other way to arrange a visit?

plus cannot login or register for a virgin media account.

thinking about cancelling as it’s under 14 days period. Sighed up since the 12th. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to install virgin box at home?

The fastest way is to ring up, or you could wait on here to see if someone gets back to you, but it typically takes several days to a week for a reply.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if quick start was allowed then VM have done an install in the past

start outside and look for the external box - follow any cables inside and post pictures if you find anything

Tony
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Jrich,

Sorry to hear that your setup did not go as planned, yes we can book appointments for you. It does appear one has been booked already. Are you still needing help logging in or registering? What error message are you getting?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos