Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get cable into new home extension

Joining in

We’re having a new extension built which will be our living room so need new cable to come into the property so we can access broadband, tv services from there. How do i book engineer appointment?


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nick4spurs 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nick4spurs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, as advised by Newapollo this is a callout which is charged at a 1 off £25.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you it looks like you have spoken to us to arrange this, if this isn't the case and you still need help, please reach back out.