cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change account number and area due to moving house

doublelj
Joining in

The situation is complicated, so I'll try to make it clear.

I'm moving house in August so I called ahead to book a broadband installation in my new home on the 5th of August. But today I got an email that the installation was delayed until 26th September, which is too late. So I called customer service and they asked me to log into my new account number (which was changed due to the move). But when I logged in with my email address, it still showed the old account number and area as before the move, so customer service asked me to re-register, and when I registered with the account number and area, it still showed the same email address. After I registered with my account number and area, it still shows the same email address. After I logged in with my email address, it still shows the old account number ....... The customer service couldn't do anything about it and told me to call back tomorrow. What is going on here?

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Use a new email address. If you are still using VM email you may find you have to anyway before long. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Doublelj,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Online Account looked into before your installation in September, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

You can do what @jpeg1 has mentioned and try to register for your online account under a brand new email address. 

Or if you want to continue using your original email, we may need to wait until your new services are installed, then we can do a "Move and Transfer" of your Online Account details from your old service, to your new one. 

Just in case you need any further general advice about managing your Online Account, I have a link here that may be useful 👉 MyVM Account

Please let us know how you get on with whichever option you choose. 

As for your installation, we may not be able to bring the date forward if the installation is delayed due to construction permits. This would be dependant on whether the property has had Virgin Media services before. Usually, you can tell it's had us before due to internal Virgin Media sockets or brown Virgin Media external boxes on the outside of the home. 

Sorry about this aspect, but we will try to help as much as possible. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Irrespective of your account login issues, if VM has given you an installation date at the end of September, then you are likely to have a very long wait for your VM services in your new home because that September date is only likely to slip further.