cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to book engineer asap

Nath1790
Joining in

Just received my quick install broadband kit but we don't have an existing virgin media box in the home, need an engineer asap. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do another check. From the ouside wall mounted omnibox, trace the outcoming cable to the "hole" where it enters the property. On the inside of that point is ther no evidence of any cable coming in - maybe layin loose.

If not perhaps the previous occupant has decorated ove it - or removed and skipped it.

In that case call the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 - they should sort it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do another check. From the ouside wall mounted omnibox, trace the outcoming cable to the "hole" where it enters the property. On the inside of that point is ther no evidence of any cable coming in - maybe layin loose.

If not perhaps the previous occupant has decorated ove it - or removed and skipped it.

In that case call the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 - they should sort it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nath1790,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the missing wall socket. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you have been able to speak with the team regarding this. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance. 

^Martin