cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to book an engineer

TIVADAR
Joining in

Hi,

I'm new to switching broadband providers in the UK, so I had no idea that I would need to get an Installation appointment instead of the Quickstart package.

Switching from a TalkTalk ADSL connection to Virgin, and I have trouble finding the appropriate way to book an installation appointment. I'm receiving the Quickstart package today, and would like to have it up and running ASAP. 

4 REPLIES 4

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if they have sent a quickstart pack the there has been an installation there in the past - that does not mean it will work but it may

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

if you cannot find any of that or do find it and the internet does not work then you do need a tech - come back here and VM will book one or ring

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I looked everywhere I could, but I did not find any of these things. There is a cable that comes up to an BT Openreach box inside, but that connects with ADSL to the router. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TIVADAR, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your property no longer has what it needs to be able to get you up and running. We would need to do a manned conversion. What this means is we'll simply need to change the Quickstart appointment to one where an engineer will come to install you 🙂

We will just need to confirm your address to get this sorted for you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi TIVADAR,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs