cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need technician for installing master socket, just sent self-install by mistake

AFusco
Joining in

Hello, as someone in my building must have a Virgin master socket, we were sent the self-install kit by deliveryman when we should have been sent a technician. We now need to book an engineer ASAP. I have tried in vain to contact Virgin's helpline about this but no matter how many different options I pick, I have to sit through them running automated diagnostics that cannot help me, and get sent texts to pointless Virgin guides.

How can I arrange a technician's visit? Does anyone from Virgin listen to this forum? I just want to get in contact with them or I will just switch to someone sensible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AFusco,

Thanks for posting on our forums about your Quick Start that should have been a manned installation, I am sorry for the confusion with this!

I can see on our side that you may have already spoken with the team about this since posting, could you confirm if this is the case please?

If not, we would be happy to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Firstly,

thanks for Tudor for that number.

Secondly, Megan_L. I have had a really stressful experience with Virgin so far. I spent about 40 mins on the phone with the helpline, being transferred from desk to desk until it transpired that I had, in fact, got through to the right desk in the first place ...

After initially telling me that the earliest they could do was mid November (!), I managed to arrange a technician coming round, hopefully with the socket! (tho I am still not 100% sure that my very simple request was understood). Annoyingly, the person on the desk told me that they would be coming on "Tuesday 26th October". Next Tuesday is the 25th ... I am now unsure if I should call again to clarify, I just want to know whether my appointment is on Tuesday, or on the 26th (i.e. Wednesday).

Every time I have called, my telephone password does not seem to be right (despite me changing it on the phone to the helpdesk, they don't seem to have recorded what I asked the password to be correctly!), so I have to go through the same security questions every time. This is some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If I wasn't a longtime Virgin customer, and hadn't previously had OK experiences with their broadband, I would have cancelled immediately. I still may do, if this appointment doesn't turn out to be stress free ...

If you or anyone could just tell me what the right date and day for my appointment with a technician is, I would be very grateful.

Yours faithfully,

AFusco.

Hi there @AFusco, thanks for the reply on the Virgin Media forums.

I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion about the booking of your install.
I can see the booking, due to GDPR I cannot confirm it here, and I would advise to sign in to My Virgin Media to see this, however as the services has not been installed yet, you wouldn't be able to make an account.
I would advise to ring 0345 454 1111, and if the memorable word doesn't work, after the third attempt - it will take you to an agent, please select the pre-installation team as they will be able to advise you.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs