Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need help with setting up virgin media superhub 2 as modem

Hello there. I have an additional router (tp-link wd-9980)along with my superhub 2. I have tried putting the superhub 2 into modem mode and connecting the single active ethernet port to the WAN port on my TP-Link. When i go into the settings of the TP-link router, i get wan not connected. Any ideas why this could be?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need help with setting up virgin media superhub 2 as modem

only the port near the coax is live on the SH2 in modem mode - after that it should work - the sequence you boot the 2 items can be important - have a search or wait for further input as i cannot remember but theres only 2 choices so work from that

Tony
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You must follow a specific power on sequence. 

Connect to your hub in router mode, change the settings to modem mode. When it complete turn OFF the VM hub.

Turn on your own router and make sure the WAN port is set to DHCP. 

When your router is fully initialised, connect to VM hub and turn ON the VM hub.

You should now have internet access. This only needs to be done once. Any further power on/off you can do in any order.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you enable router mode on the TP-Link?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos