cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with installation

elisax2
Joining in

Hi, i have a few problems with setting up my kit. 
in my new flat there is no virgin media wall socket, there are two cables behind the tv which i assume are splinters, i plugged my box to one of them and the hub is on and flashing green light since yesterday. I don't know if they are the right cables but it doesn't seem to be working. I called and was told that they needed to activate my account which they did but it did not change anything. 
I have two wall sockets : on BT and one Openreach (bt) but the ethernet cable supplied doesn't fit in any of them. 

Someone has any advice? 

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos of the cables coming in - and their end connectors. Also do the cables come into the property through a hole drilled in through the wall with an external omnibox just on the exterior side of them

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @elisax2

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community and indeed welcome to Virgin Media 🙂

Sorry to read about the install issue - not the ideal start. From checking the system I can see you've had an engineer visit to the property since the post and now should have everything sorted. Let me know if not and I'll be more than happy to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill