cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Returning equipment

Tianju
Tuning in

I booked the returning prepaid parcel several times, but never get it. I will move abroad next week, can anyone tell me the postal address for returning the broadband equipment? I can post back the broadband equipment by myself. In addition, can anyone tell me the phone number of their customer service? Many thanks.

31 REPLIES 31

Yes I just have few questions :

I have to return 2 broadband kits (2 hubs) which comes in its own VM  boxes. Do I just put the hubs back in its own VM  boxes and return them like this?without any parcel? and then stick the cover letter on the VM boxes itself? 

Thank you

Hi @fatinhs24, thanks for your reply.

As long as the boxes are secure and tightly fastened, as well as the original postage address (presumably yours) being completely covered up by the postage label back to us, this should be absolutely fine. I'd recommend getting a tracked delivery though and keeping hold of the receipt for a few weeks just in case of any issues.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello,

Thank you for this. What do you mean by "original postage address (presumably yours) being completely covered up by the postage label"? do you mean for safety/security purposes? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fatinhs24, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

My colleague meant that you should ensure your home address is covered and the printed label is attached. 

Have you been able to send off the pack?

Thanks 

Nat

Thank you very much.

I have not yet as my services are still running and will be disconnected next month.

After returning and posting the hubs myself, what do I need to do? Do I need to inform anyone? 

Thanks!

Hi @fatinhs24, the equipment will be scanned in once it reaches us and will therefore ensure no non-return fees are added to your account.

In short, you wont need to do anything, but do please make us aware if you are advised the equipment needs to be returned after this has been sent.

Any form of proof of postage you're able to obtain, would also be advisable.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello,

I have successfully ended my wifi services with Virgin Media and I have been receiving emails saying that I need to return my wifi kit and if not, I would be charged £40 in 9 days. But as mentioned in my previous posts/questions, I would like to return them myself without waiting for and using the prepaid return packaging from you (Virgin Media). I have chosen to do this because I have left the UK and will only probably be back in the UK in September where I hopefully can then return it myself. This method was also confirmed allowed by one of your (Virgin Media) agent in one of the previous posts, hence why I have opted for it. Please help, I do not want to be charged £40. I hope you understand my situation. If you need my details or my account details further, please let me know. 

Thank you! 

Fatin 

Hey there @fatinhs24, thanks for reaching out to us.

May I ask if you have any family members of friends who would be able to return it on your behalf?
Reason I ask is - I don't believe we can manually override the system to postpone the charge.

Let us know.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

Unfortunately no, at the moment there is no one who could help me return it on my behalf. It would only be possible for the kit to be returned either by myself or by someone on my behalf in September, when we would then come back for the new term to continue our studies. Please I hope you could understand my situation. But, in the case that the £40 charge is deducted, would it be possible to get a refund later on when the kit is returned in September?

Fatin 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fatinhs24,

Thank you for your reply. 

I can completely understand your predicament. 

With the charge, this would automatically be applied to your account with us but once the equipment is received, we will then also automatically refund this to the account. This would happen once the equipment has been processed and logged as returned. 

I appreciate this would not be until September so I would advise sending the equipment as soon as possible when you return and then contacting us again to ensure you are refunded the charge. 

Thank you, 

Nat