cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need circular cover for green cable duct in pavement

Romseyman
Joining in

Hi I am having drop kerbs installed in the pavement outside my house. The Council are insisting that I contact Virgin to provide a cover for the green circular cable duct in the pavement outside my house before work commences. I have tried many times unsuccessfully to find out who to contact in Virgin to organise this. Has anyone got a contact point to resolve this please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What you have is probably a legacy termination over. There is only one type VM installs now, & that is a TOBI fibre termination box. This is larger than the older covers, so can require a full construction team to install it.

Tobi boxTobi box

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you mean a cap to go on the end of a piece of green conduit sticking out of the ground or a circular cover plate to cover an access point in the pavement?

Post a photo of the thing you want to cover/block which might help the VM forum team.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Romseyman 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you've been trying to contact us regarding external works to allow your drop kerb request to go ahead. 

Are you able to provide any images of the cover that is needed to be replaced or the area in which the cover will be replacing? 

We are able to support further with more detailed information as we might be able to raise this with them correct team to support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, have you had any success sourcing the cap for the virgin cable duct please.

Regards 

Charles

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What you have is probably a legacy termination over. There is only one type VM installs now, & that is a TOBI fibre termination box. This is larger than the older covers, so can require a full construction team to install it.

Tobi boxTobi box

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

Thanks for the response.Apparently what I require Is a black plastic cap which clips over the top of the 50mm duct protruding slightly from the pavement .

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Romseyman wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the response.Apparently what I require Is a black plastic cap which clips over the top of the 50mm duct protruding slightly from the pavement .

They won’t fit one of these now. These were installed by the first cable companies to operate in the UK & are a very cheap way of duct termination. They also have the habit of leaking like a sieve & flooding the ducts during heavy rain. Hence they stopped fitting them as they are more trouble than they are worth.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might have a very long wait for VM to provide you with that thing. See if you can find something similar online

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266001705282

for the correct diameter

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Here is the contact you need. 

Virginmedia will require payment for any work that is needed. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/diversionaryworks

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.