Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need an engineer

Hi there. 

We recently moved to a new address and were aware that the previous tenants had broadband from virgin media, this was confirmed when applying to receive it from virgin. 

I received my quickstart kit today and have discovered that my property no long has a port inside and the brown one outside is battered and has some sxposed wiring. The cable that leads into the house has been cut by the front door also. 

Calling the customer service dept has resulted in a 55 minute hold which was then cut off and further attempts have resulted in a message stating that due to corona virus all offices are closed..... When they were previously open prior to being hung up on.

I would appreciate any help regarding booking an engineer as its obvious one is needed and virgin media don't have an obvious or easily acceable way of ordering one.

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need an engineer

Phone at 8am Monday its easy to get in touch with them then and book an engineer. Plus more likely to get an English speaking person! 

Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need an engineer

Rang them this morning. Spoke to two English men both of which hung up on me. Then a middle Eastern fellow....... Who was the inly one to actually do what I wanted them too.

Thanks for the advice. 

0 Kudos