Menu
alvaro1379
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need an engineer appointment

Hi there,

I have been trying to contact customer services and waited for one hour with no response. Is this normal? Like, is this going to happen every time I have an issue with the connection?

I recently joined VirginMedia as I moved to a new brand property. One day a guy called to ask me if I had Virgin Media sockets. I told him that I have got a white socket with no ports with the virgin media logo and then another socket with satellite logo so I thought it was ok to go with the quickstart. 

I received the package today but I found out that the satellite outputs that I've got are not for virgin fibre. I called the developer and they told me that even when everything is almost set for a virgin connection an engineer needs to come to take the cable out of the socket. 

Is there any way to book an engineer appointment through this forum?

Many thanks

3.jpg4.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need an engineer appointment

Unlikely anyone can sort this on here quickly for you. May take over a week for a VM to pick this up.

Better to call in and request a tech install. Calling any VM number is best done at 08.00 to get through quickly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
alvaro1379
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help! Finally I managed to speak with them and they will send someone tomorrow. Now they are asking me to confirm if I’m isolating (I’m not) and they are saying that won’t access to the property as I’m shielding. What a nightmare 😧 

00B7E07C-D46F-412B-B8DB-4020DE57F647.jpeg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is that "chat" ? Looks like you are "speaking" to a "bot" not a human.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
alvaro1379
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with them over the phone but they just sent this SMS today to ask if I’m isolating. Hopefully they will come tomorrow to make the installation

0 Kudos